Last Updated September 15, 2015
Ingenious Designs LLC and JoyMangano.com (collectively, “IDL”) are part of the HSN, Inc. (“HSNi”) family of businesses. HSNi is a retailing powerhouse that spans the full retail spectrum including television (HSN TV and HSN2), catalogues (Cornerston- retail (Frontgate and Ballard Designs). For a complete list of all of HSNi’s businesses, please visit www.hsni.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
In General. We may collect information that can identify you (“personal information”) such as your name, phone number, mailing address, e-mail address, as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our Services, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
– INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our online Services, provide to us by phone, furnish to our customer service department, or give to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date, or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, your opinion about products and services that we offer, and other demographic information.
– INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other HSNi businesses, business partners, contractors, and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
– INFORMATION ABOUT OTHERS. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our Services to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, information that may interest them, or messages (such as invitations) through our Services, we may store your personal information and the personal information of each such recipient.
– INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY. We automatically collect information from your browser when you use our online Services. This information may or can include your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
– When you use our online Services, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our online Services and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our online Services, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our online Services. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our online Services.
– OTHER TECHNOLOGIES.We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our online Services. We also may include web beacons and other similar technologies in promotional or other e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer visitors to our online Services to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming, or other activities.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In general. We may use information that we collect about you to:
– deliver the products and services that you have requested;
– manage your account and provide you with customer support;
– perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services, or content offered by others;
– communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone, and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our sister HSNi companies, or other third parties;
– develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Services and on other sites;
– verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
– enforce our Conditions of Use and other terms and conditions;
– manage our business; and
– perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases or sales made on our online Services or by phone, to enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to pre-qualify you for credit card and other offers that you might find of interest, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Job applicants. If you submit personal information to us when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions. This information may be shared with our sister HSNi companies for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position or other available positions, as well as with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain, and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
Please review ” Your choices about collection and use of your information” below.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our online Services or while using our other Services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
– AUTHORIZED SERVICE PROVIDERS: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our online Services’ functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys, and other features offered through our online Services, by phone, on television, or by mail. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
– BUSINESS PARTNERS: When you make purchases or engage in promotions offered through our online Services, by television, or through our other services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests, and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your e-mail address and other information to that merchant.
– OTHER HSNI BUSINESSES. We are part of the HSNi family of businesses (go to hsni.com for a listing of these businesses). We may share information we collect, including personal information, with the HSNi companies. Sharing information with our HSNi sister companies enables us to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you. All HSNi companies comply with the HSNi Consumer Privacy statement. Our HSNi sister companies also will comply with applicable privacy and security laws and, at a minimum, in any commercial e-mail they send to you, will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive such e-mail messages in the future.
– OTHER SITUATIONS.We also may disclose your information:
– In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
– When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our online Services’ terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
– In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our HSNi sister companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our online Services, on websites of third parties, or by other means. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our online Services and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop online Services or other content and services that we hope you and other customers will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
– You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our online Services or our other services because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services through our online Services or by phone; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions.
– At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional e-mails or newsletters from us by updating your online preferencesor by contacting us and requesting to opt-out of receiving these e-mails. When your register or provide your e-mail address through our online Services, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive e-mail messages about special offers. You may modify your choice at any time utilizing the online email preference options page. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional e-mail communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
– California Residents:
If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties and the HSNi companies for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
– The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
– The names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
– If the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated e-mail address for these requests is Privacy.email@example.com.
– IDL respects your privacy, and we understand that not all of our visitors wish to have information collected by third parties regarding their shopping experience. You have the option to deactivate the ability of our Data Compiler to analyze your web browsing and purchasing behavior, or choose to continue to benefit from the improved shopping experience which our Data Compiler’s analysis allows us to provide to you, but maintain anonymity. To learn more about the various levels of privacy and confidentiality you can select with respect to our Data Compiler and to exercise your choice, click here. Your status is maintained by placement of an “opt-out cookie” on your computer or device. If this cookie is removed or deleted, if you upgrade your browser to a new version, or if you visit us from a different computer or device, you will need to return to this form to re-select your preference.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic, and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our online Services to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. You should also take care with how you handle and disclose your personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure e-mail. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
USER-SUBMITTED CONTENT (BLOGS, BULLETIN BOARDS, REVIEWS, PROFILES, CHAT ROOMS, ETC.)
We may provide areas on our online Services where you can post information about yourself and others, create a profile, and communicate with others, as well as post reviews of products, establishments, contractors, and the like, or upload content (e.g., pictures, videos, audio files, etc.). Such postings are governed by our Conditions of Use. In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your e-mail address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what others may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you will not be able to edit or delete such information.
Our online Services are general audience services, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
VISITING OUR ONLINE SERVICES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
HOW TO CONTACT US
1 HSN Drive
St. Petersburg, Florida 33729
© 2015 Ingenious Designs, LLC. All rights reserved.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer or device for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our online Services. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive or device for an extended period of time.
We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our online Services to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our online Services, content, and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our online Services may not function properly.
Web Beacons :
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive or device, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in e-mail) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages, and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our online Services from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded any of our mobile application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used may include, but are not limited to, your geographic location, how you use our application(s), and information about the type of device you use. This information is sent to us as aggregate information, and is not traceable back to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual. To opt out of sharing this information, such as location, please review the terms and conditions before you download the application, or you may review the settings on your mobile device or you may choose at any time to uninstall our application(s) from your mobile device.